How to tell if a mushroom is poisonous

2018-10-08_101050.jpg

How to tell if a mushroom is poisonous? 1. First things first, eat only the mushrooms that are sold at Walmart or in your local groceries. 2. Avoid eating mushrooms with red caps, or with white gills underneath the cap, chances are they are not edible and can be poisonous. 3. Rule of thumb is just because the mushrooms looks brown and it seems that its picked upon by who knows who, it doesn’t follow that its edible. You just need to know the type of mushroom and what type of mushroom family it belongs to. The Amanita family is known to be poisonous. 4. If you noticed that the mushroom shows some lactation under its cap, or right by the gills, try to stay away from that mushroom, chances are it’s not edible.